September 4, 2008

Project Wire

For the first project in 3-D art (basically a beginning sculpture class), we are recreating a three dimensional object out of wire. I am planning on making an antique camera. But first, we had to make four practice pieces based off of artwork or photos in books. Here are my pieces- I like the lone butterfly the best. Working with wire is trickier than you might think. We are spending the next few weeks making the real project, and I'll show that when it's finished.


Butterfly (of course):
Lighthouse:
Butterfly with a Pansy:
and a Carousel Horse:

3 comments:

  1. Those are absolutely outstanding! I totally want those to hang up in my little girls room.

    Totally impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are talented! I love the butterfly alone the best too! The Carousel Horse is pretty amazing. I have no patience to do things that meticulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look awesome! My sister does the whole wire bending thing with her jewelry. Check her out at www.darleenmeir.com

    ReplyDelete