September 25, 2008

Camera

I started getting sick on Tuesday with a really sore throat, cough, runny nose and fever and yesterday was just awful. I didn't want to go anywhere today, but I had to turn in this:




This is my wire project for 3-D art, you had to recreate an object and imply volume. I'm pretty pleased with the results, it was a lot of work. I had critique earlier today in class and it went well. My teacher liked it. I chose a camera because 1) I'm a photographer, 2) I collect antique cameras and 3) the structure lent itself well to a linear project like this (other people did stuffed animals which would be hard to do with wire). I tend to ask myself this question when deciding what to make: What do I want kicking around afterwards when it's all done? Hmmm...a camera.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What kind of wire do you use?
    I want to make your wire butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In recent news, I got an A PLUS on my wire camera! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I used 16 gauge black annealed tie wire (it must be annealed to bend!) and you get a big roll of it for like $5. If I had your address, you could have the ones I made!

    ReplyDelete